Vaginal disorders can come in many forms. Most women experience some sort of concern with their vagina at some point of time. Regardless of whether a woman is young or old, sexually inactive or not, it isn’t uncommon for her to talk to her gynecologist because she needs help with some sort of vaginal problem.
Symptoms of Vaginal Disorders
Although there are a number of types of vaginal disorders, the symptoms for a number of them can be quite similar. The reason for this is mainly due to the fact that a number of problems with the pelvic area and vagina can be caused by the same events. This also explains why plenty of women complain about having similar symptoms, they may actually be experiencing different types of vaginal disorders.
The symptoms of vaginal disorders may include:
• Problems with bladder control
• Pain during sex
• Lack of sexual arousal and a decrease in intimacy
• Difficulty in penetration of the vagina during sex
There might be additional psychological symptoms experienced with vaginal disorders as well as stress, depression and anxiety. Although these psychological symptoms may present themselves in woman experiencing disorders. They may also be present in their sexual partner in cases where there is a decrease in sexual activity.
Types and Treatments of Vaginal Disorders
There are a variety of vaginal disorders which may present themselves in a variety of cases. Examples of these disorders are:
• Vaginismus – this is basically a spasm in the vaginal walls. The spasm causes penetration to be painful or even at times, impossible.
• Vaginal dryness- is a form of vaginal disorder that can be caused by the decrease in hormones such as estrogen and can be another factor in painful sexual intercourse.
• A pelvic organ prolapse - is a weakening of the pelvic muscles. The organs in question can either be the uterus, the rectum or even the bladder.
Although vaginal disorders can be uncomfortable, the good news is that there is a way to treat most of them non-invasively. What has found to treat or to help in treatment of all these vaginal disorders are Kegel exercises. These exercises can be done on your own or with the help of Kegel weights like Vagacare Vaginal Weights. These weights help to strengthen the pelvic floor muscles which help in vaginal disorders like prolapse and can help dryness by increasing the blood flow to the vagina.